Department: New Product Research and Development
Location: San Diego, CA
Posting Date: 05/10/2018
Hyundai Translead, a leader in the North American transportation equipment industry, has an excellent opportunity available for a Specialist position in the Research & Development Department. The primary purpose of this position is to work on designing platform trailers, new generation reefer trailers, and special transportation equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate day-to-day R&D program efforts under New Product R&D Department Head’s guidance including new component specification development, high level design layout and bill of materials development.
- Assist in development of the new trailers through research and investigation of the new and existing products within the industries.
- Produce ideas and methodologies in product design implementation and development.
- Establish the foundation of special trailer developments as a member of project management team with project scope overview, milestones and budget/ cost saving initiatives.
- Frequently analyze the product design utilizing FEA and 3D modeling software.
- Monitor performance of new products and enhancements through usage and revenue tracking.
- Produce and present the reports to the upper management team on a regular basis.
- Performs design and oversees drafting in product development, and ensures layouts, drawings and documentation are prepared in accordance with company procedures and industry regulations.
- Provide the testing guidelines and coordinate the testing schedule with vendors/ suppliers.
- Act as a communication liaison with our internal and external customers.
- May perform other duties or projects as requested by upper managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- 3 months to 1 year of product development experience in any engineering field (including internship)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Adobe Acrobat
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required
- Able to travel to Tijuana and Rosarito plants in Mexico as needed
- 401(K) matching
- Paid vacation & holiday
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Voluntary benefits: pet insurance and flexible spending account
- Hyundai vehicles lease/purchase discount program
- Daily lunch benefit
Click here to apply