Location: San Diego, CA
Posting Date: 01/16/2018
Hyundai Translead, a leader in the North American transportation equipment industry, has an excellent opportunity available in the Human Resources Department. The major purpose of this position is to provide timely, customized legal advice, and improve the Company's risk management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and draft contracts, leases, and other agreements to ensure the Company’s interests are protected and consistent with laws, government regulations, economic conditions, and company policies. Draft letters and correspondences on behalf of Company. Participate in basic negotiations in order to solve legal or contractual issues. (50%)
- Support all departments on legal matters affecting Company by giving accurate and timely counsel to management on a variety of legal topics (employment law, Federal and State tax, corporate governance, contract disputes, transportation law, etc.) and researching and evaluating legal issues and risk factors regarding business decisions and operations. (40%)
- Assist in providing routine advice regarding pre-litigation matters, maintaining accurate records for on-going litigation, and process law firm invoices. (5%)
- Consult Company on any new federal, state, or local laws, regulations, statues and other applicable obligations affecting company business. Participate in the definition, development, and/or administration of corporate policies, procedures, and programs as well as provide guidance on any legal related matter. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree and J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- 0-2 years of legal experience (License to practice in the state of California).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Be able to travel to Tijuana and Rosarito plants in Mexico as needed.
- Preference: Fluent in Spanish or Korean.
- 401(K) matching
- Paid vacation & holiday
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Voluntary benefits: pet insurance and flexible spending account
- Daily lunch benefit