Logistics Expeditor Specialist
Department: SD Procurement
Location: San Diego, CA
Posting Date: 09/14/2018
Hyundai Translead, a leader in the North American transportation equipment industry, has an excellent opportunity available for a Senior Specialist position in the Procurement Department. The major purpose of this position is to coordinate all inbound logistics activities for all raw materials, reduce freight expenses and increase efficiency, and coordinate all reverse logistics back to suppliers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
50% ON TIME DOMESTIC (US) & OCEAN INBOUND DELIVERIES: Support all parties involved in supply chain management and improve all raw material deliveries from point of pick up to final destination (TJ/RS plant).
10% MINIMIZE FREIGHT COSTS & INCRESE EFFICIENCY: Review and analyze rates from various carriers & determine the best shipping method for urgent loads.
10% CHARGEBACK ANY FREIGHT EXPENSES BACK TO VENDORS (WHEN APPLICABLE): If vendor is at fault for materials not being available for pickup on time, and a faster shipping method is needed, additional freight expenses must be charged back to vendor.
10% PROMPTLY SHIP RETURNS (MRB) BACK TO VENDOR: Return all materials not used in production (excess inventory, replacements) within 1 week after shipment is ready.
10% JUST IN TIME TIRE DELIVERIES: Schedule and coordinate all tire deliveries Just In Time.
10% SUPPORT AFTERMARKET, WARRANTY, SALES ADMIN: Provide logistics support with border crossing, asset trailers, returns, and warranty deliveries to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year [for Specialist] / 2-3 years [for Sr. Specialist] of logistics expeditor experience in office environment preferred
- Must be able to travel to our plants in Tijuana and Rosarito in Mexico as needed
- Able to work overtime as required
- High sense of urgency, detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills
- Organized; accurate record-keeping skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- 401(K) matching
- Paid vacation & holiday
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Voluntary benefits: pet insurance and flexible spending account
- Daily lunch benefit