Department: New Product R&D
Location: San Diego
Posting Date: 08/14/2017
Hyundai Translead, a leader in the North American transportation equipment industry, has an excellent opportunity available for a Specialist position in the New Product Research & Development department. The major purpose of this position is to work on designing platform trailers, new generation reefer trailers, and special transportation equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate day-to-day R&D program efforts under New Product R&D Department Head’s guidance including new component specification development, high level design layout and bill of materials development.
- Assist in development of the new trailers through research and investigation of the new and existing products within the industries.
- Produce ideas and methodologies in product design implementation and development.
- Establish the foundation of special trailer developments as a member of project management team with project scope overview, milestones and budget/ cost saving initiatives.
- Frequently analyze the product design utilizing FEA and 3D modeling software.
- Monitor performance of new products and enhancements through usage and revenue tracking.
- Produce and present the reports to the upper management team on a regular basis.
- Performs design and oversees drafting in product development, and ensures layouts, drawings and documentation are prepared in accordance with company procedures and industry regulations.
- Provide the testing guidelines and coordinate the testing schedule with vendors/ suppliers.
- Act as a communication liaison with our internal and external customers.
- May perform other duties or projects as requested by upper managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to our manufacturing plant in Tijuana, MX as needed, as well as work overtime.
- Knowledge and or use of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Advanced skills Auto-Cad & SolidWorks
- Minimum of 3 months – 1 year of engineering related work experience (including internships)
- 401(K) plan
- Paid vacation & holiday
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Daily lunch benefit