New Product R&D Manager
Department: Research and Development
Location: San Diego, CA
Posting Date: 09/20/2017
Hyundai Translead, a leader in the North American transportation equipment industry, has an excellent opportunity available for a Manager position in the New Product Engineering department. The major purpose of this position is to design/develop refrigerated van trailers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate day-to-day R&D program efforts under New Product R&D Department Head’s guidance including new component specification development, high level design layout and bill of materials development.
• Assist in development of the new trailers through research and investigation of the new and existing products within the industries.
• Produce ideas and methodologies in product design implementation and development.
• Establish the foundation of special trailer developments as a member of project management team with project scope overview, milestones and budget/ cost saving initiatives.
• Frequently analyze the product design utilizing FEA and 3D modeling software.
• Monitor performance of new products and enhancements through usage and revenue tracking.
• Produce and present the reports to the upper management team on a regular basis.
• Make a monthly/yearly plan in the Engineering/R&D group and control the individual engineer's work schedule
• Performs design and oversees drafting in product development, and ensures layouts, drawings and documentation are prepared in accordance with company procedures and industry regulations.
• Provide the testing guidelines and coordinate the testing schedule with vendors/ suppliers.
• Act as a communication liaison with our internal and external customers.
• May perform other duties or projects as requested by upper managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural)
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work at our manufacturing plant in Tijuana, MX and travel to our manufacturing plant in Rosarito
- Knowledge and or use of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Advanced skills Auto-Cad, SAP, & SolidWorks (Visual basic recommended)
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of related work experience.
- 401(K) plan
- Paid vacation & holiday
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Daily lunch benefit