R&D Assistant Manager
Department: New Product Research and Development
Location: San Diego, CA
Posting Date: 06/25/2018
Hyundai Translead, a leader in the North American transportation equipment industry, has an excellent opportunity available for an Assistant Manager position in the Research & Development department. The major purpose of this position is to design/develop refrigerated van trailers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate day-to-day R&D program efforts under New Product R&D Department Head’s guidance including new component specification development, high level design layout and bill of materials development. Assist in development of the new trailers through research and investigation of the new and existing products within the industries. Produce ideas and methodologies in product design implementation and development. Establish the foundation of special trailer developments as a member of project management team with project scope overview, milestones and budget/ cost saving initiatives. Frequently analyze the product design utilizing FEA and 3D modeling software. Monitor performance of new products and enhancements through usage and revenue tracking (60%).
- Produce and present the reports to the upper management team on a regular basis. Make a monthly/yearly plan in the Engineering/R&D group and control the individual engineer's work schedule Performs design and oversees drafting in product development, and ensures layouts, drawings and documentation are prepared in accordance with company procedures and industry regulations (30%).
- Provide the testing guidelines and coordinate the testing schedule with vendors/ suppliers. Act as a communication liaison with our internal and external customers. May perform other duties or projects as requested by upper managers (10%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural)
- AND minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work at our manufacturing plant in Tijuana, MX and travel to our manufacturing plant in Rosarito
- Knowledge and or use of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Advanced skills Auto-Cad, SAP, & SolidWorks (Visual basic recommended)
- 401(K) matching
- Paid vacation & holiday
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Voluntary benefits: pet insurance and flexible spending account
- Hyundai vehicles lease/purchase discount program
- Daily lunch benefit